You may have heard of Xavier Muriel, but you've definitely heard him play music. He's a professional drummer, formerly in the well-known band Buckcherry. But did you know that he builds motorcycles too?
We caught up with him down in his hometown of Austin, Texas during the Giddy Up Motorcycle Show and got to check out his latest build and chat with him for a bit. If you see him out and about, I highly recommend checking out his ride! Oh, and he writes a killer monthly article for Cycle Source, too!
I’m a professional touring drummer as of the last 16 years and a Harley-Davidson®enthusiast.
What do you ride?
Tell us about the full custom bike!
- S&S 93’’ Shovelhead
- Paint by Billy Lane at Choppers Inc
- Russ Wernimont rear fender
- Baker 6 into 4 transmission with a Hydraulic clutch. www.bakerdrivetrain.com
- Tech Cycle Performance Isolator series open belt drive. www.techcycle.com
- Fully polished 39mm narrows glide front end, 2" under
- Front: 21’’ Xl 40 spoke rim with a Russell 11.5 polished rotor Jay brake 4 piston caliper wrapped in a Metzeler Me 880 tire www.metzeler.com www.jbrake.com
- Rear is an 18x5.5 rim with a Shinko Podium 600R tire, Russell 10’’ rotor and Jay Brake 4 piston caliper hung by a Billett Proof Designs hangar. www.shinkotireusa.com www.billetproofdesign.com
- Speedking oil bag www.speed-kingcycle.com
- Headlight is a Paughco side mount 5 3/4 www.paughco.com
- Paul Cox taillight with a one off license plate frame www.paulcoxindustries.com
- Biltwell chubby 8’’apes with internal plumbing, and a Biltwell seat. www.biltwellinc.com
- Foot pegs and grips are all Choppers Inc.
- Tank and rear tank mount,foot controls,fender support, exhaust were done by me.
Why do you ride?
What's your favorite modification or aftermarket part?
What was your proudest moment ever?
What or who inspires you?
Are you currently building anything?
(see more on Michael Lichter's Motorcycles As Art Show at the Sturgis Buffalo Chip here)
What's your next big moto adventure?
What are your other passions?
What's your favorite production motorcycle?
What's your least favorite production motorcycle?
Who are your motorcycling heroes?
There you have it, be sure to check out Xavier on his social media channels, along with our page, S&S Cycle!