Sturgis Motorcycle Rally.
No other rally evokes the same emotions as Sturgis - it's THE rally. It is undebatable. The mother of all moto rallies is coming up quite quickly - and we're getting ready, are you?
Here's some things to think about while planning for Sturgis.
Main St in Sturgis
Don't let forgotten maintenance bring you down - don't forget to check on your bike. From fluid changes, to tire pressure, and everything in between, roll that bike into the garage and check everything out, or have your local dealer do a full tune up before you hit the road! (Find your local S&S Dealer HERE)
Everybody knows the rules of packing - don't pack too much, and you can nearly always buy what you forgot. So here's a couple things to definitely not forget -
- Cash - Cash is king in Sturgis!
- Gear - The weather is unpredictable- you'll want to pack for warm weather, chilly weather, and plan on at least one downpour of rain!
- Water - Always keep some water to stay hydrated! On that note, snacks too! (I ALWAYS keep snacks in my sissy bar bag, it's saved me more than once!)
- Identification & Paperwork - be sure to keep your identification, along with your bike's paperwork - insurance & registration - handy, just in case!
- Sunscreen - you're going to need it!
- Camera - you're going to see SO MUCH during the rally, don't forget to snap some photos to show everyone at home!
And don't forget to save some room in your bag for souvenirs!
Now, everyone knows you can't fully plan.. and who wants to?
But be prepared - you may not always have cell service on the road to the Rally, so plan ahead with a map, downloaded maps, or screen shots of your route!
Secondly, check out the best roads to ride around the Black Hills - check out Motorcycle Roads for some great rides.
Don't forget - you can get a horsepower upgrade while you wait - over at the S&S booth at Black Hills Harley Davidson we are prepared to install some upgrades! We will be doing free installations on exhaust systems, and offering a free Stealth intake with qualifying exhaust purchases!
Talk to our crew, get a high five, a tee-shirt and even some tech advice! Not sure which cam you should pick? We can help you. Not sure if you want to go big-bore or stroker? We can help you with that, too. Any question you've got.
(Ok, maybe I should specify, not ANY question, but any S&S related question.. )
Black Hills HD also has bikes for sale, bike services, rentals, a gift shop, and a ton of other vendors, ranging from bolt-on parts, accessories, tires, and more! Plan on spending at least a couple hours here!
The Rally has SO MUCH TO DO. It can be overwhelming, whether it is your first time, or your 27th time. Take a look at all the sites, events, camgrounds and shows around the Black Hills; - here are some of our favorites:
And if we spot your bike in a show or parking lot, it just might get featured on one of our channels, so polish up that teardrop!